✓ Access to over 2,000 Ys - Nationwide
✓ Access to 80+ weekly group exercise classes
✓ Strength training and cardiovascular equipment
✓ Free Child Watch service in Salem & MI with a Family Membership (while parents are in the facility)
✓ Free Youth Sports with a Family Membership
✓ Reduced program fees
✓ Senior programs & social events
✓ Walking track
✓ Indoor & outdoor swimming pools
✓ Teen & Youth Development Center
✓ Access to basketball courts and open court time
✓ No contract and payment flexibility
✓ Guest passes for members
The Y is for ALL. Thanks to our generous donors, we are able to offer income-based financial assistance to those who qualify. All of our branches offer income-based memberships. To apply, simply bring income-verification documents when you come in to sign up.
Acceptable forms of documentation may include 1040 Tax Form, W2s or 1099. If these do not reflect your current income, bring in current proof of all income for the household.
Income-based memberships may only be obtained in-person.
Healthy Employees Are Happy Employees
As the nation's leading nonprofit committed to strengthening the community, we work side by side with local agencies, corporations, and organizations to improve the quality of life for employees and their families. Studies show that a strong sense of belonging correlates with higher job performance, lower turnover, and fewer sick days, all of which lead to bottom-line benefits. (Harvard Business Review, Dec. 2019)
At the Y, we know that improving health and well-being boosts employee engagement and productivity. Health education, fitness assessment, service opportunities, and on-site fitness classes are just a few ways to connect staff to one another and to better health. We have been strengthening youth and families supporting active lifestyles and healthy aging, and building community resilience for 175 years.
One Membership, All Locations
Travel for work but don't want to lose your fitness progress? Prefer the classes offered at another location? Want to have options to work out close to home and to work?
No problem. Now your membership means even more, thanks to the Y's Nationwide Membership. All YMCA members have access to all participating Ys in the US and Puerto Rico. Simply present your active YMCA membership card and photo ID at any participating YMCA and enjoy free access. Having problems? Have the visiting Y call us: 503.581.9622
Membership and Participant Code of Conduct
The YMCA is committed to providing a positive atmosphere that prioritizes safety and inclusivity for all in our community. The Family YMCA of Marion and Polk Counties has adopted a code of conduct to govern the actions and behavior of all people (members, volunteers, participants, visitors, vendors, and those we serve) while in Y facilities and while participating in Y programs.
Individuals are expected to:
- Uphold the Y core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Provide an atmosphere free of derogatory or unwelcomed comments, conduct, or actions of a sexual nature, or actions based on an individual's gender, race, ethnicity, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Be respectful and cooperative with Y staff and others.
- Follow signs and use facilities and equipment with care.
- Support the Y brand in visual and verbal communications.
- Follow all Family YMCA of Marion and Polk Counties protocols related to preventative health measures and under the guidance and direction of the federal, state, and local authorities.
The following will NOT be tolerated at Y facilities and in Y programs:
- Abusive, harassing, or obscene language or gestures
- Threats of harm, physical aggression, or violent acts
- Weapons of any kind
- Smoking or vaping
- Damaging or defacing Y property
- Possession, sale, use, or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
- Offensive or unlawful conduct
Individuals who experience or observe inappropriate conduct are encouraged to promptly report their concerns to the Y staff. Every effort will be made to ensure that reports are investigated and resolved promptly and effectively. Failure to follow this code of conduct will result in disciplinary actions, which may include immediate eviction from the premises, loss of privileges, suspension, or expulsion. The Y may contact security staff, police, or other authorities for assistance or to take appropriate legal action.
Thank you for your cooperation in prioritizing safety and creating a welcoming and positive environment for all people at the Y.
The YMCA of Marion and Polk Counties does not impose contracts on its members, and members are free to cancel their membership at any time.
A minimum of a 30-day written notice is requested for all membership cancelations in order to prevent the next month's charge. Regardless of what day of the month your dues are being withdrawn from your billing method, you are paying for the 1st of that month through the last day of the month. To avoid fees for the following month, notify us no less than 5 days prior to the next month.
Membership fees are non-refundable. Members who re-join within 90 days may have their join fee waived.
To request a cancelation:
- Select "My Account" at the top of our website and login to your account
- Once logged in, navigate to the "My Account" drop down and select "View Account"
- Select "Manage Membership" and "Request Membership Termination"
- Please prepare to confirm your intent to cancel your membership via email or by completing our cancellation form.
- If possible, please let us know why you're cancelling so we can learn more about best serving our members.