Preschool at the Salem Family YMCA 2022 - 2023
Applications are no longer being accepted. All names drawn in the lottery have been notified. Please email America with any preschool questions. America Flores: email@example.com
The Family YMCA of Marion and Polk Counties looks forward to reopening our licensed early childhood education programs at the new Salem Family YMCA for the 2022-2023 school year. Our nurturing and knowledgeable counselors teach the core character development traits of the YMCA: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Provides learning opportunities and a variety of programs such as swimming, music, creative movement, and free play.
- Emphasizes social skills such as sharing, fair play, and getting along with others.
- Ensures Kindergarten preparation.
- Customizes programs to meet the needs of each individual child.
- Maintains a low child-to-staff ratio.
- Encourages parental involvement.
- Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Or half days, 8 a.m. to noon.
- M-F full days: $800 - per month
- M-F half days: $425 - per month
- 3 full days: $500 - per month
- 3 half days: $275 - per month
Sign Up For Preschool at the YMCA for 2022 - 2023
The application process has closed. Those drawn in the lottery have been notified by email. Children were accepted based on a lottery, not location, household income, or academic rank. There is no preference given to those that apply early, but you had to apply by October 13th.
All names drawn in the lottery have been emailed.
Health and Safety Procedures
All YMCA programs operate with thorough health safeguards to protect our students and staff members. Our specially trained team helps practice social distancing, frequently disinfects program spaces and items, performs regular health checks, and makes sure all kids stay safe while learning and having fun.
In an uncertain time, it's important to us that parents feel their children will be safe and secure at our branches. Here's our procedures-
- Proof of current immunization is required to register.
- If your child is sick, please keep them at home. This includes symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, green mucus from the nose, stomachache, diarrhea, vomiting, rash, or not eating or drinking.
- Your child's temperature will be taken before entering the building for the day. Children's temperatures will also be taken several times throughout the day.
- All blankets and sheets are washed daily.
- All toys and equipment are cleaned and sanitized 2 to 3 times a day.
- Restrooms are cleaned after each child's use.
- Children and staff wash their hands throughout the day.
We set up automatic payments for all families. We accept third-party payment and offer scholarships to qualifying families.