Always Here for Our Veterans
The Family YMCA of Marion and Polk Counties has been providing affordable housing for more than 90 years. We are proud to continue this service as we develop an affordable housing apartment complex in Salem, directly across from the new YMCA. The facility will have 1 and 2 bedroom units and will serve Salem veterans and residents that can demonstrate an area median income of 60% or below.
Veterans will be identified and referred to the project via the regional Continuum of Care's Coordinated Entry process which utilizes Service Point, the region's Homeless Management Information System. This project will also proudly partner with Mid-Willamette Community Action Agency's ARCHES project to provide comprehensive on-site services for the residing veterans.
All residents will have access to the Salem Family YMCA and programs.
Affordable Veterans Housing
- 34 new housing units
- Housing based on income level
- Coordinated entry approach
Wrap Around Services
- On-site social service resources
- Mental/behavioral health support
- Financial literacy and life skills training
- Free access to YMCA programs and services
- Y employment opportunities
- Connection to YMCA community partners
Connectivity and Civic Engagement
- Connecting veterans to community networks
- Utilizing veteran's skills through volunteer opportunities
- Developing mentoring and personal relationships