The Endowment Fund, established by the Family YMCA of Marion & Polk Counties, is composed of contributions made through gifts, legacies, bequests and trusts. Those contributing to the endowment fund are recognized by the YMCA as Heritage Club Members, special people who believe in the purpose and traditions of the YMCA, and who want to ensure that this heritage of values is continued for future generations. The fund is managed by an Endowment committee commissioned by the Board of Directors with directions to grow the fund over time. The interest of the funds is used by the YMCA to perpetuate the mission of the YMCA.
Anyone who chooses may qualify for membership in the Heritage Club by:
- Making an outright gift of money, land, stock, insurance, copyrights, oil rights, letter stock or an undivided fractional interest to the Family YMCA of Marion & Polk Counties.
- Making a new or revising an existing will and directing a percentage, a fixed amount or, through a contingency statement, an eventual gift to the Endowment Fund.
- Creating a Charitable Remainder Unitrust or an Annuity Trust, a Pooled-Life Income Fund, a Charitable Gift Annuity, a Short-Term Trust or a Life Estate that eventually directs all or a portion of the principal to Family YMCA of Marion & Polk Counties Endowment Fund.
- Naming the Family YMCA of Marion & Polk Counties Endowment Fund as a primary or secondary beneficiary for a new or existing life insurance policy.
Gifts to the endowment fund may be directed for general purposes of the YMCA or may be designated as restricted gifts for special purposes such as camp scholarships, new program initiatives, or program development.
The planned giving staff at the Family YMCA of Marion & Polk Counties stand ready to help you by:
- Providing gift plans that benefit you and your family.
- Explaining the immediate and deferred tax advantages to both you and your heirs.
- Supporting your desire to have a meaningful impact on the Family YMCA of Marion & Polk Counties and our goals and interests, beyond your own lifetime and far into the future.
To learn more about helping the YMCA build a legacy for all to share, contact Sam Carroll at email@example.com