Play and Learn (formerly Child Watch) is safe, clean and a fun place for kids to be while parents are working out or taking other children to Y classes. Play and Learn is free for Y Family members and available on a drop-in basis for up to two hours for members to utilize in order to participate in our many activities located in the Y.
Play and Learn & The Extension are staffed by dedicated staff and volunteers – many of whom are also parents of kids involved in YMCA programs! Volunteers and staff must pass a criminal background check and a thorough orientation/training.
Parents provide healthy snacks, diapers, and wipes for their own children. Please keep in mind when choosing snacks that Play and Learn does not allow nuts or nut products in the facility.
We currently have Play and Learn services available at our Salem Family YMCA. For more information or to inquire about volunteering, call your local YMCA.
Hours of Operation at Salem Family YMCA (as of 1/1/18):
Play and Learn (Ages 6 weeks to 10 years):
- Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (NOTE: After 5 PM ages 6 weeks to 5 years only)
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. ( CLOSED on 4/27/2019 for Healthy Kids Day)
- Sunday: 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The Extension (Ages 7-12 years):
- Monday-Friday: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (CLOSED on 4/27/2019 for Healthy Kids Day)
- Sunday: CLOSED